12 January, 2014

Happy Birthday..

Hi everyone.

My very first inspiration post here on the blog and i'm delighted to be here.
Ive made a little card to share for a bit of inspiration today.

Ive used the "Happy Birthday" doodle word as well as  the 

I am well know for loving all things vintage and distressed and I decided to show that, that style works real well, even with a fun and funky image.

 The backing paper already have little "bubbles" on it, but to accentuate them a bit more, and to really distress the papers, I stamped over the paper witha bubble stamp. I stamped using distress inks, and then sprayed with water.
It made the stamping "run" so i simply dried it with my heatgun.

This little butterfly is indeed a Funky Hand Image as well.
It is indeed from the "Flutterby Flowers" digital stamp pack.

I simply printed and cut out. Then gave it a good smudge of the same distress ink I used on the card, sprayed with water, and again dried with the heatgun till fully dry.
As the colour fully dried, it changed colour.

Finished my card with a few gems and Voila...

And that is it from me today. I hope you liked what Ive made.
Thank you for stopping by and for any comments left behind.
If you want to see more of my work, visit my blog HERE


2 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous Marleen, I love the butterfly
    huge hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Marleen this is just beautiful. It's fab to see some 'vintage' style crafting with my papers. Makes me realise that they can be for everyone not just us bright colour crafters.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.