21 December, 2013

Using Wordbook Offcuts

I am a big fan of the Wordbooks that Anice designs - I make quite a few of them during the year as they are easy to make and look fantastic!  However, when cutting out the 'pages' for the wordbooks, I'm always left with a top and bottom strip as I print on both sides of my card.

So, what to do with these strips as I don't like to throw anything away - just in case!

I've made this gift card wallet using leftover strips from the Blue Christmas wordbook download.  I made sure that the strip would be long enough to make the band to go round the wallet itself, added a dotted line with a blue gel pen around the edges and then embossed the front of the wallet with Swiss Dots and inked the edges.

On the inside, I added the little flap to contain the gift card from a matching scrap of card so that I can make two of the wallets from a sheet of A4 card.  I've always got scraps of card left over!

I've added some glittered snowflakes and also some ribbon I found in my stash and the gift card wallet is finished!  I've got lots more left over strips to use up so I'll be making more of these in the future!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ruth.Fab idea too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ruth this is fantastic. You are the Queen of making amazing creations with leftovers/scraps. Thank you so much for sharing this idea with us. xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.