12 July, 2013

A Little bit of Ombre

The "Ombre" effect is a really big trend all over the place at the moment, and of course the crafting world is in on it too - no doubt you'll have seen lots of cards and other crafting projects that use this fabulous colour gradient effect.

I thought I'd share the card I made for this week's Daring Cardmakers' "Ombre" challenge - because  as soon as I saw the theme, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to show off  Funky Hand's very own Ombre designs - you'll find a few different colourways in the Spring Wedding download collection.  I chose the yellow to orange ombre polka dot paper as it's just fantastic and really cheers me up!  Why don't I use sunny yellows more often - I definitely need to rectify that oversight!

Materials and Tools
All papers: "Spring Wedding" download from Funky Hand
printed onto white Bazzill
Yellowy orange organza ribbon, "upside down" Card Candy, Tiny pearls, Decal sticker sentiment 
EK Success border die
Memory Box Fabulous Phlox die set


That's it, nice and simple - and all thanks to Funky Hand for making my DCM so easy this week!

You can find the Spring Wedding downloads HERE - for just £1.99 you'll get a downloadable set of designs that will bring you bang up to date with current trends! Click the link and you'll also find a gallery of other projects using this set, which is sure to inspire! 

Thanks for visiting

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card. You have used the paper designs together in such a wonderful way. Also you have shown that by printing the papers onto different sorts of paper/card stock you can create a really luxurious feel. Thanks so much for sharing this Kathy really got my thinking cap on now :)
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I do love this so much kathy, those flowers are just beautiful and those colours just make me want to smile
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so gorgeous. I love this!

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.