17 June, 2012

Kathy says "I do"

Hi!
The latest Funky Fifteenth ball was set rolling by Anice a couple of days ago with her "Follow My Sketch" challenge and it's me Kathy here today to be the first to "follow my leader" - do you remember playing that in the school playground?
Before I remind you of the sketch, or show what I've made can I remind you of the one rule we have here on Funky Hand's challenge blog.....
PLEASE USE AT LEAST ONE FUNKY HAND PRODUCT ON YOUR CHALLENGE ENTRY.
What if you want to join in but don't have any Funky Hand Stash atm?  Well, worry not!! There is always a Funky Freebie to get you started and if you enter you could soon be enjoying more of Funky Hand's fab products as you might be this month's winner and get to choose any of the Funky Hand Downloads as your prize.
You'll find this months Funky Freebie on the Funky Hand website www.funkyhand.com
So, you've got the Funky Hand stash ready and now you need the sketch:
I needed to make a Wedding Congratulations card this week, so the perfect excuse to use some of the papers and and image from the wonderful, brand new Funky Hand craft CD Wishes and Kisses.
I've used the "It's the Big Day" paper set - I adore these soft green and salmon pinks.  The paper for the red accents is from the "Thanks a Lot" set.
The "I do" speech bubbles and the cute little love-birds and heart are both from the image set.  I paper-pieced the birds using scraps of my papers
 are also printed
All the papers and images can be found on Funky Hand's brilliant new CD 
Other tools and stash I used:
Brown Bazzill cardstock,  Red Stickles, Fancy heart buttons
Craft Robo to cut the "congratulations"sentiment, 
Large circle punch, Large Heart Punch, Tiny heart punch
I had some bits over (as you do) so I've got another "bonus project" to share - this time it's a gift tag - you can tell that because as you can see - it's a tag - with the word "gift" on it! haha
I'd cut the tag shape and covered it with the pinky-brown paper and even the square for the middle and was trying to work out how to work in the other shapes on the sketch when the Inspiration Fairy said: "why don't you make those square and rectangle elements into parcels?" ta-dah!!!
Materials and Tools:
All papers and card as before, 
Lid for large parcel, red ribbon and bow, smaller rectangular gift all hand cut
"gift" word is Robo cut
Red and Green Stickles, Glossy Accents, 
Green Seam Binding, Card Candy, 
Tonic flower punch

Well, I hope my projects using Anice's fun sketch have inspired you to join in with us this month  You have till 14th July to get your entry linked up.  The Funky Freebie is available to download during all of that time - you can use that or any other Funky Hand stash you have on your project, and maybe you'll be winning some more if you are lucky!
Every couple of days another of the Funky Hand Gang comes along to show what they have made for the challenge so please pop back often to catch up with all the ideas we've been having and we're looking forward to seeing what you make too.  But don't forget
YOU NEED TO USE AT LEAST ONE FUNKY HAND PRODUCT ON YOUR CHALLENGE ENTRY

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. they are both sooo lovely Kathy
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work as always Kathy, thank goodness I was first post this would be hard to follow.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and tag Kathy.These birdies are so cute.Love it.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and what a cute little tag too! Ni. :)

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.