13 August, 2011

Cars Cars Cars..well boys like them!

Hello everyone, Anice here with my contribution to this months Get Funky Challenge set by Ruth.

Boys Boys Boys

I decided not to go with blue for my card but head down the burnt orange road......


Ha! see where I was going there..burnt orange road..oh well. I thought about all the boys I know large and small and they all love cars so I thought I would base my card on what they love.

The striped paper that I have used as the base card is taken from the Orange October Collection on the Funky Hand craft CD Craft The Year Away. The topper is made up from two digital stamps from the same CD. I inked around the edges of the topper to make it stand out more but I still felt that it needed something else so, I decided to cut a circle out of the topper so you could see more of the striped paper underneath..


I then decided that I would use some ivory coloured twine that I have to tie through the hole..suddenly I was threading the same twine in to my big needle and I was stitching down the opposite side..

Anyone who reads my blog posts knows I'm not much of a sewing goddess so I really don't know what came over me!! Though with twine rather than thread I think it looks abit more grungy and more acceptable for a boys card.

So there you go my contribution to this months Get Funky Challenge. We'd love you to be inspired to join in with us this month and you are running out of time now as the next challenge starts on the 15th but if I can get a card made then so can you ! All you need to remember is to include at least one Funky Hand product on your creation. Don't worry if you don't own any Funky Hand products just yet, I wont hold it against you and you will find a Funky Freebie Download on my website www.funkyhand.com to help you.

So what's keeping you from your craft table? Join in with this months challenge and have a chance of winning a free Funky Hand download of your choice.

I can't wait to see what you create. We all love visiting your blogs and reading your comments so don't be shy..everyone is welcome to Get Funky!

Anice xx

3 comments:

  1. This is great for a boy card and thanks for sharing with us how it developed as it went along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cars are just right for a boys card, Anice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your boys card Anice... i'm gonna case it one day when the need arises!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.