09 March, 2011

Showing my heart(s)

We are almost at the end of the challenge month and it is my turn to add my little bit of creativity. Please be gentle with me as this is my first post for the Get Funky! blog. Jules started off the month as she is the host for February and her post can be seen here The rest of the team have posted every couple of days instead of bombarding you with all our work at the same time so we hope you have been keeping up with us :)

We have noticed that on a few of the blogs we've visited that although everyone has followed the theme to our challenge, not everyone has followed our most important requirement which is top use a Funky Hand product. Downloads and cds along with digi images can be bought from the Funky Hand website www.funkyhand.com but Anice has also designed a freebie paper which can be downloaded from the Craft Download section of the shop. No excuses not to join in!!

Here is the card I came up with

I punched three sets of flowers from the February section of the Craft The Year Away cd and fastened them together with a brad. I then cut a strip of the freebie paper (which I had printed onto card instead of paper) and cut slits in each of the hearts so I could thread my ribbon through them. The heart shaped leaves were simply cut from the left over piece of card, folded in half and attached with a thin layer of glue down the side. This is a great card for using left over papers as only smallish pieces are needed to cut out the shape.

There is still a little while left to play and all the other posts are here for you to refer back to. Thanks to Jules for a great challenge.

Take care :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first post!
    This is a lovely card, I especially like the idea of threading the ribbon through the hearts on the card strip! Fab! Ni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card as I expected Jackie! I like the threading of the ribbon through the card..I might 'borrow' that idea!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie

    A gorgeous card.

    Loving your heart shaped flowers and that gorgeous ribbon technique.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jackie, I like that you have left some white card to show off the flowers to their full advantage. I must try and use ribbon more often in my card making. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge & lovely cards! Thanks for the freebie paper, it's lovely! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.