19 February, 2011

It's Anices turn to show you her Heart!

Hello, it's Anice here today with my entry to the Get Funky! Challenge this month.  How are you liking the new system here with us all posting every couple of days?  I think it's working out great as you get to see more of each card and meet the wonderful ladies that are behind the Funky Hand Design Team.  Right, less of this talking and lets see what I have for you this month..

I decided to use my favourite colour green more on this one and move away from the usual red for showing my heart!  I thought I might show you how I actually made this card so here's the steps that I went through to produce this finished card.

I used papers and the heart digital stamp from my latest craft CD Rom Craft the Year Away.  The collection I chose for the papers was Evening in June.. Firstly I printed off everything that I needed on to white card..
The great thing about Craft The Year Away is that you can resize papers in the new work space and overlay the plain digi stamps so I only had to print on to two pieces of card for this creation.  I printed both pages with my printer set on borderless printing so I could just fold the green base card in half to make a A5 card coloured front and back with no need for cutting.

Once I'd folded the base card I got to adding a little black ink around the edge of it to grunge it up a little.  I have to admit I do this alot and why I have my trusty old, almost dried up stamp pad at hand all the time.  My advice to you is NEVER throw out your old stamp pads because when they are no good for actually stamping images anymore, they are great for adding grungy edges to your layers and make them stand out..here my old faithful stamp pad..he's a little battered but I love him!!
Right back to making the card. Next I cut the other printed piece of card into two sections, the heart printed section and my chosen stripes paper..
The next thing I did was to cut up the striped card into three pieces.  I made them smaller in height than the base card and cut off about 1 inch from the width in order that they would be able to be crossed over when stuck down but still have some space between them.  I arranged them on the base card and stuck them down firmly with wet glue
Next I started work on the hearts.  I cut both of them out and then using a sharp craft knife I cut out the centre of the gingham heart which left me with one full heart and an inside and outer edge of the other.
In my madness (as it's not my big strength!) I decided that I was going to do some simple sewing on this card so I made holes on the gingham inner heart at the end of the cross printed on the digital stamp and using Limeade Bazzill yarn,  I created the cross in green.
Next I used a Bazzill In stitch'z template to make the holes for my funky uneven stitches on just one of the added striped blocks.
And here it is once I'd finished the stitching..lets just say it took me a while!!
Then to finish the card I placed the gingham inner heart with foam pads over the complete pink heart and placed the two hearts on the card and stuck them down with wet glue.  And there it was finished..here's another look just incase after all my waffling you'd forgotten what it looked like in the end!

We'd love you to join in with us for the challenge and really there is only two rules, your card needs to follow the challenge , obviously, and you must include at least one Funky Hand paper or other item.  Now, if you don't have any Funky Hand stash yet I have been very kind to you and put a Freebie download paper on my website www.funkyhand.com so you can still join in, you'll find it in the downloads section.  Though whilst you are there you might want to have a look around the website..you might see something that you need!!

Thank you for taking a look at our challenge this month and I hope you decide to join in with us..we all love looking at your creations.

Anice xx 

4 comments:

  1. Great card and thanks for showing us how it was achieved. Working on ideas for mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and design. Turorial is really great idea. Thanks for your inspiration.
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anice

    Beautiful make .. and a great tutorial.

    I never print straight onto my base card .. .. must give this a try as it will make a card look cool from the front and the back!!!

    Love your stitching and funky hearts!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow anice that card looks fabulous, i love the stitching too hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.